MINNEAPOLIS, Dec. 28, 2015 /PRNewswire/ — It’s a universal desire to experience a happy and successful life, but in today’s crazy busy world, both seem more elusive. A new study by Minneapolis business coach Chuck Bolton shows happiness in the US is on the decline.
“We are too busy, distracted and living unhealthy lives that we forego our happiness. But it doesn’t have to be that way,” said CEO coach and bestselling author Bolton who shares a holistic system for reinventing your happiness in his new book, The Reinvented Me: Five Steps to Happiness in a Crazy Busy World, released on December 28, 2015.
“Forty percent of your happiness is based on your voluntary actions – driven by your thoughts and behaviors. And it’s your birthright to be happy,” he said.
“Findings in the field of neuroscience prove the brain is malleable and you can reinvent how you think and behave in order to increase your happiness. We’re hardwired to perform our best when we’re happy,” he said.
Bolton’s Rules for Applying the Five Steps to Happiness in the C-Suite:
- Reinvent your mindset
- Reinvigorate your relationships
- Develop the eight happiness skills
- Reclaim your energy, then your time
- Reinvent by training, not just trying.
“If people follow these five steps, they will be on the road to living an intentional, purposeful life, raising your happiness level and raising your success,” he said.
Within the book, Bolton describes the conflict between the Repeater (our lesser self) and the Reinventor (our higher self) we each fight within. Bolton shares step-by-step the techniques to reinvent your happiness and become successful. Executives who want to be happier will discover:
- How to use the Wheel of Happiness to assess and monitor your happiness
- How to choose sustained happiness by designing The Purposeful Life
- The single step that accounts for nearly 70% of happiness
- Five ways to strengthen your relationships for greater happiness
- The question you must ask daily that can increase happiness by 25%
- How to leverage and renew the four sources of energy for maximum happiness
- How to tap the 8 key happiness skills everyone must master
- How to identify and defeat the silent adversary that seeks to derail your happiness
- How to create a Happiness Reinvention Game Plan to make the next 12 months your happiest ever
- And many other tips and ideas to reinvent your happiness and help you flourish
People can find their own level of happiness by taking the free Happiness Report at www.TheHappinessReport.com
About Chuck Bolton
Bestselling author Chuck Bolton shows CEOs and senior leaders how to reinvent themselves in a disruptive, crazy busy world so they can achieve happiness, success and maximum impact.
He’s the president of The Bolton Group LLC, an executive development firm headquartered in Minneapolis. He helps his clients reinvent how they lead, become exceptional leaders and achieve remarkable results. He shows top executive teams how to reinvent themselves so they can perform, create great value and win.
Chuck has coached and consulted with more than 1,000 executives and assessed over 100 top teams in the US, Canada, Europe and Israel. Several clients are award winners including: a CEO who is co-winner of the Nobel prize; a senior vice president who was the Minneapolis-St. Paul Business Journal “Woman of the Year” in commercial real estate and a CEO named the Ernst and Young Entrepreneur of the Year.
He’s spoken at Harvard Business School and works with leaders at Abbott, Baxter, Boston Scientific, Cantel Medical, CR Bard, Hewlett-Packard, Medtronic, Optum, Quintiles, UnitedHealthcare and many more.
The Reinvented Me: Five Steps to Happiness in a Crazy Busy World is the second in a series of books about reinvention. In February of 2015, he released The Reinvented Leader: Five Critical Steps to Becoming Your Best. That book reached bestseller status on Amazon and remains the #2 rated book in two Amazon categories.
Chuck loves inspiring others to reinvent themselves so they can become their best and make a difference in the world.
For more information go to: http://theboltongroup.com
612-337-9020 SOURCE The Bolton Group LLC